Ideally, a bookstore isn't just a place you go to in search of the latest bestseller--it's a resource for the community.
We are constantly searching for effective, meaningful ways to help schools, libraries, non-profits and grassroots organizations in our community thrive, whether it's by creating an eye-catching display in the shop to raise awareness for a worthwhile cause, donating a basket for a silent auction, serving as an outlet for ticket sales, hosting a blood drive, or, of course, providing necessary books. No request is too offbeat. If you've got a question or idea about how Maria's Bookshop can lend a hand to your work, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're proud of our work supporting local schools, libraries and non-profit organizations through agency sales.
When agencies order their books through us, they can count on great service, fair pricing and communication with real-live people in their community.
We offer a 10-25% discount on all agency orders. For price quotes, please call or contact email@example.com.
We're all about supporting our local community--including local artists. Our wall space and front windows often are filled with the beautiful, thought-provoking, creative work of talented local artists.
If you are interested in displaying your work at Maria's Bookshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maria's Bookshop is committed to serving our local community however we can, including generously supporting many of the great organizations that work tirelessly to make it better.
If you have a donation request, please contact email@example.com.
Each year, Maria's Bookshop donates nearly $10,000 in goods and services to local organizations that have included the following:
- Powerhouse Science Center
- Durango Arts Center
- Durango Independent Film Festival
- Women's Resource Center
- Durango School District 9R
- Fort Lewis College
- St. Columba School
- Durango Early Learning Center
- Adult Education Center of Durango
- Bayfield School District
- La Plata Family Centers
- Durango Parks and Recreation
- Durango Youth Soccer Association
- Adaptive Sports Association
- Trails 2000
- Youth Baseball of Southwestern Colorado
- Vallecito Nordic Club
- Durango Public Library
- Cortez Public Library
- Mancos Public Library
- Volunteers of America Durango Community Shelter
- Manna Soup Kitchen
- Community Connections
- Four Corners Alliance for Diversity
- Rainbow Youth Center
- Kiwanis Club of Durango
- Hospice of Mercy
- San Juan Basin Health Department
- Sexual Assault Services Organization
- United Way of Southwest Colorado
- United Blood Services
- Southwest Colorado Red Cross
- Stillwater Foundation
- Fort Lewis College Environmental Center
- Great Old Broads for Wilderness
- Music in the Mountains
- Habitat for Humanity of La Plata County
- Southwest Conservation Corps
- La Plata County Humane Society
- Durango Dharma Center
- La Plata County Democrats
- Snowdown Winter Festival
- Bayfield Lions Club
- Durango Business Improvement District
- Durango Natural Foods
- Fiesta Days
- Bayfield Early Education
- Steamworks Half Marathon
- Cortez Cultural Center
- Bear Smart
- Four Corners Gem & Mineral Club
- Riverhouse Children's Center
- Local First
- Colorado Family Support Council
- Durango Visitors Center
- La Plata County Fair
- Colorado Gives
- Whole Expo
- Durango Friends of the Arts
- Mountain States Children's Home
- Three Springs 5K
- Community Garden
- Silverton Family Learning Center
- Project Merry Christmas
Off-Site Book Sales
It's not unusual to see the Maria's Bookshop banner hanging at great community events in our area. We are happy to talk with you about supplying books for off-site author talks, book fairs, expositions and film screenings.
If your group or organization is hosting an event, and you'd like to have books available for sale, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Durango and the surrounding area are bustling with shows and events, and we're happy to be a resource for a wide variety of groups looking for a great downtown site for ticket sales.
Got an event coming up? Contact email@example.com to inquire about having Maria's Booskhop be a ticket sales venue.