Over the years, we've been lucky enough to be mentioned in a number of publications, both local and national. The articles about us focus on everything from a cool event in the shop or our involvement in the Local First Movement to an invertiew with one of our stellar booksellers about the state of the industry or a profile of us a successful Indie bookstore.
Thank you to all the writers who have said nice things about us.
- Gov. Hickenlooper pledges help to Durango and Silverton in wake of 416 Fire (06/14/2018)
- Writers workshop set for July 16 (06/14/2018)
- Taking care of business: Locals rally to support evacuees, firefighters, main street and each other (06/14/2018)
- Talk about town: New book tells story of Maria’s Bookshop (05/25/2018)
- Two Artists Bring Christmas Cheer to Durango Storefronts (12/18/2017)
- Why Backlist Matters to Bookstores (2/10/2017)
- Nobody Buys Books Anymore...Right? (4/27/2016)
- Who chooses the books you find at Maria's? (4/27/2015)
- Durango Residents Pull Together Following River Contamination (8/12/2015)
- American Booksellers Association reports on our Independent Bookstore Day Celebration (05/07/2015)
- The Durango Herald covers our Indies First Celebration (11/29/2014)
- The Cortez Journal's update on our community's buy local movement (9/29/2014)
- The Durango Herald covers our Ed Abbey Party (03/17/2009)