960 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-1438 OR email
Every Day 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Maria’s Bookshop offers a fun, passionate work environment where community connection is the foundation of everything we do.
Join our team of wonderful individuals who love books and have a passion for cultivating community through outstanding customer service.
NOW HIRING: BOOKSELLERS
We are currently accepting bookseller applications!
Desired skills and experience:
- Enthusiastic readers
- Prior bookselling experience
- Prior retail or public relations experience
- Ability to be attentive to details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Ability to meet physical demands including: work on your feet six to nine hours per day, lift heavy boxes, climb ladders, shovel snow, sweep sidewalks and clean store.
- Required to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
- Mandatory attendance of monthly staff meeting - usually scheduled the first Wednesday evening of the month.
- Time-off is restricted during our busiest seasons as follows: during July and August one week is available, and between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day no time off is available. Outside of these times we attempt to be flexible and accommodate employee-scheduling needs.
Find the full job description and application materials below.
If you believe you are a potential candidate, we invite you to fill out an application. Please pay particular attention to the questions on the back of the application. They help us to get to know you better. Include a resume and any additional information if you feel it will help us in making a decision about your qualifications for this position.
You may submit your completed application in person at Maria’s Bookshop or via email to email@example.com .