960 Main Avenue
Durango, CO 81301
(970) 247-1438 OR email
Every Day 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
This new edition of Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem is one of the most important resources for helping you understand Scripture and grow as a Christian.
The most widely used resource of the last 25 years in its area, Systematic Theology has been thoroughly revised and expanded for the first time while retaining the features that have made it the standard in its field: clear explanations, an emphasis on each doctrine's scriptural basis, and practical applications to daily life.
With nearly 250 pages of new content and revisions, this new edition now includes the following distinctive features:
- Updated analysis of recent controversies within evangelical theology, including the eternal relationship between the Father and the Son in the Trinity, the role of women in the church, miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit, and contemporary worship music.
- New discussion and critiques of recent theological controversies situated outside of traditional evangelical theology, such as open theism, the "new perspective on Paul," Molinism (or "middle knowledge"), "Free Grace" theology, and the preterist view of Christ's second coming.
- Completely revised chapter on the clarity of Scripture.
- Completely revised chapter on creation and evolution, including a longer critique of theistic evolution and an extensive discussion on the age of the earth.
- New discussion of how biblical inerrancy applies to some specific "problem verses" in the Gospels.
- Additional material explaining evangelical Protestant differences with Roman Catholicism, Protestant liberalism, and Mormonism.
- Completely updated bibliographies.
- All Scripture quotations updated from RSV to ESV.
- Updated section on contemporary worship music.
- Numerous other updates and corrections.
Part of the brilliance of Systematic Theology has been its simplicity and ease of use. Each chapter follows the same structure: discussion of the doctrine being considered, an explanation of that doctrine's biblical support and possible objections, followed by personal application and key terms to know for personal growth. Chapters also include a Scripture memory passage, references to other literature on the topic, and suggested hymns and worship songs.
If you think theology is hard to understand or boring, then this new edition of Systematic Theology will change your mind.