While we're not currently hiring, we're always accepting applications for Booksellers.
Maria’s Bookshop has served Durango and its surrounding communities since 1984. Our customers count on receiving outstanding service every time they walk through our doors. We trust our employees to ensure that this expectation is met and exceeded with each customer interaction.
Desired skills and experience:
- Enthusiastic readers
- Prior bookselling experience
- Prior retail or public relations experience
- Ability to be attentive to details while keeping an eye on the big picture
- Ability to meet physical demands including: work on your feet six to nine hours per day, lift heavy boxes, climb ladders, shovel snow, sweep sidewalks and clean store.
- Required to work a variety of shifts including weekdays, weekends, and evenings.
- Mandatory attendance of monthly staff meeting - usually scheduled the first Wednesday evening of the month.
- Time-off is restricted during our busiest seasons as follows: during July and August one week is available, and between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day no time off is available. Outside of these times we attempt to be flexible and accommodate employee-scheduling needs.
Compensation, benefits and opportunities for advancement:
- Pay rates start at $16.00/hour.
- Benefits include a significant merchandise discount and company-matched IRA contributions.
- Opportunity for advancement to higher responsibility jobs, including managerial positions, as available.
All fields marked with '*' denotes mandatory fields