A comprehensive gallery of the best street art from around the world.
For years, graffiti art sat on the fence separating vandalism and public art. Today it's matured into street art -- a form of public art marking cities around the world.
Global Street Art is a splendid collection of some of the best around the world, investigating the media the artists work with, the "canvases" they work on, the themes that arise through their work, and the "galleries" in which they choose to set their work.
The types of street art and the methods used vary widely, so the book organizes the photographs into categories in these chapters:
- Introduction: A brief history of graffiti and street art
- Global Breakdown: USA, Europe/UK, South America, and Rest of the World
- Techniques: Graf/Letters, Freehand Spraycan, Stencil, Stickers and Posters, Atypical Techniques, Durable Techniques, and Ephemeral Techniques, and more
- Spaces: Plants, Integration, Shadow and Photo, Spaces and Faces
- Movements: Alluding to 3D, Anamorphism, Photorealism, Text Work, Calligraphy, Geometry, and more
- Surfaces: Vehicles, Roads, Passenger Trains, Freight, and more
- Themes: Animals, Hip-hop Characters, Robots, and more
- International Street Art Festivals and Projects.
Street artists are startlingly talented -- they create witty, provocative and sentimental art. Global Street Art presents their painted world.
About the Author
Lee Bofkin is the co-founder and CEO of Global Street Art, a unique artist-led street art channel that holds the largest online street art photo archive. He holds a PhD in evolutionary mathematics from Cambridge.