Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Regina Collection series.
- #2: The Education of Augie Merasty: A Residential School Memoir (Regina Collection #2) (Hardcover): Email or call for price and availability
- #3: Inside the Mental: Silence, Stigma, Psychiatry, and LSD (Regina Collection #3) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #4: Otto & Daria: A Wartime Journey Through No Man's Land (Regina Collection #4) (Hardcover): $21.95
- #5: Towards a Prairie Atonement (Regina Collection #5) (Hardcover): $17.95
- #6: Memoirs of a Muhindi: Fleeing East Africa for the West (Regina Collection #6) (Hardcover): $21.95
- #7: On Forgiveness and Revenge: Lessons from an Iranian Prison (Regina Collection #7) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #8: Antigone Undone: Juliette Binoche, Anne Carson, Ivo Van Hove, and the Art of Resistance (Regina Collection #8) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #9: The Organist: Fugues, Fatherhood, and a Fragile Mind (Regina Collection #9) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #10: American Refugees: Turning to Canada for Freedom (Regina Collection #10) (Hardcover): $17.95
- #11: In My Own Moccasins: A Memoir of Resilience (Regina Collection #11) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #12: Florence of America: A Feminist in the Age of McCarthyism (Regina Collection #12) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #13: The Listener: In the Shadow of the Holocaust (Regina Collection #13) (Hardcover): Email or call for price and availability
- #15: Out of My Mind: A Psychologist's Descent Into Madness and Back (Regina Collection #15) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #16: The Education of Augie Merasty: A Residential School Memoir - New Edition (Regina Collection #16) (Hardcover): $19.95
A story of a young man's queer coming of age amidst displacement, violence, and alienation
Kidnapped by his father on the eve of Somalia's societal implosion, Mohamed Ali was taken first to the Netherlands by his stepmother, and then later on to Canada. Unmoored from his birth family and caught between twin alienating forces of Somali tradition and Western culture, Mohamed must forge his own queer coming of age.
What follows in this fierce and unrelenting account is a story of one young man's nascent sexuality fused with the violence wrought by displacement.
About the Author
Mohamed Abdulkarim Ali lives in Toronto. This is his first book.