Over the years, we've been lucky enough to be mentioned in a number of publications, both local and national. The articles about us focus on everything from a cool event in the shop or our involvement in the Local First Movement to an invertiew with one of our stellar booksellers about the state of the industry or a profile of us a successful Indie bookstore.
Thank you to all the writers who have said nice things about us.
- Who choose the books you find at Maria's? This person (4/27/2015)
- Nobody Buys Books Anymore...Right? (4/27/2016)
- Durango Residents Pull Together Following River Contamination (8/12/2015)
- American Booksellers Association reports on our Independent Bookstore Day Celebration (05/07/2015)
- The Durango Herald covers our Indies First Celebration (11/29/2014)
- The Cortez Journal's update on our community's buy local movement (9/29/2014)
- A profile of the shop in celebration of our 30th anniversary, from The Durango Telegraph (09/18/2014)
- Shelf Awareness promotes our idea of "shelfies" ( 08/27/2013)
- The Durango Herald covers our Ed Abbey Party (03/17/2009)
- The Durango Telegraph profile of a local artists work hanging in Maria's (07/14/2005)
- The Durango Telegraph profiles our Independent Business Alliance (06/30/2005)