Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Get your tickets now for next Monday's special event at the Rochester Hotel with novelists BA Shapiro and Caroline Leavitt! Just $10 gets you into the secret garden ($15 at the door), where you'll mix and mingle with other readers, meet the authors, enjoy a complimentary drink and light snacks and be entered to win $150 worth of titles you choose from our friends at Algonquin Books! Limited to 75 people, so don't wait too long!
LOCAL AUTHORS: Applications are now being accepted for the 2013 Durango Public Library Literary Festival Local Authors Fair, which will take place on Saturday, September 26th from 1:30 to 3:30 at the library. This is a fantastic opportunity to share your work with the community and network with other local writers. Space is limited to 20 authors and deadline to apply is July 1. Click here for more information.
- Algonquin Night at the Rochester Hotel with authors BA Shapiro and Caroline Leavitt(6 days)
- Meet the Author: Release Party for Chuck Greaves' second Jack MacTaggart mystery(7 days)
- Southwestern Story Time with Author/Illustrators Jean Ekman Adams and Guy Porfirio(18 days)
- Meet the Author: Outside magazine Literary All-Star and Grand Canyon river guide Kevin Fedarko(21 days)
- Meet the Author: Walking Durango with Peggy Winkworth(42 days)
- Meet the Author: DIY Maven Wendy Jehanara Tremayne co-sponsored by Good Dirt Radio(49 days)
- Meet the Author: Historian Mark Lee Gardner at the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad's True West Railfest(59 days)
- Meet the Author: Food & Water Watch's Wenonah Hauter co-sponsored by Durango Natural Foods Co-op(63 days)