Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
Interested in seeing what Maria's Bookshop customers are reading this week? Here's our current Top Ten. (August 17th - August 23rd)
What do Silver Stars, Orphans, and Mushrooms have in common? They are all members of this weeks Top Ten Bestseller List at Maria's Bookshop.
"The Emerald Mile" by Kevin Fedarko is once again on top of the list this summer. Jeannette Walls "Silver Star" and Christina Kline's "Orphan Train" are following close behind. And, appropriately for this time of year, David Arora's "All That the Rain Promises and More... A Hip Pocket Guide to Western Mushrooms" has hit the list. Pick up your copy at Maria's and go out fungi hunting this week!!
- "With a Little Help from Our Friends: Creating Community as We Grow Older" - Book signing with author Beth Baker(11 days)
- "The Aging Athlete: What We Do To Stay in the Game" - Book signing with author Martha McClellan(13 days)
- Book signing with local author Carolyn Hobbs - "Free Yourself: 10 Life-Changing Powers of Your Wise Heart" (41 days)
- Durango Common Reading Experience - "Dead Man Walking" by Susan Helen Prejean, event at Fort Lewis College (55 days)
- Book signing with local author Ron Pevny: "Conscious Living, Conscious Aging: embrace & savor your next chapter"(64 days)