Welcome to Maria's Bookshop
Maria's Bookshop, on historic Main Avenue in Durango, Colorado, is a locally-owned, independent bookstore featuring regional titles, bestsellers, local authors, guidebooks, cards, journals, toys, games and more. We are staffed by 15 well-read, friendly booksellers and we look forward to helping you find just the right book for you, whether you're shopping online with us or in person.
LOCAL AUTHORS: Applications are now being accepted for the 2013 Durango Public Library Literary Festival Local Authors Fair, which will take place on Saturday, September 26th from 1:30 to 3:30 at the library. This is a fantastic opportunity to share your work with the community and network with other local writers. Space is limited to 20 authors and deadline to apply is July 1. Click here for more information.
- Meet the Author: success coach and motivational cattle prod Jen Sincero(10 days)
- Meet the Author: Kent Haruf--CANCELLED!(11 days)
- Algonquin Night at the Rochester Hotel with authors BA Shapiro and Caroline Leavitt(31 days)
- Meet the Author: Release Party for Chuck Greaves' second Jack MacTaggart mystery(32 days)
- Meet the Author: DIY Maven Wendy Jehanara Tremayne co-sponsored by Good Dirt Radio(74 days)
- Meet the Author: Food & Water Watch's Wenonah Hauter co-sponsored by Durango Natural Foods Co-op(88 days)
- Durango Public Library Literary Festival: Featured Speaker C.J. Box, "Life and Writing in the Mountain Time Zone"(126 days)
- Durango Public Library Literary Festival: Local Authors Fair(127 days)